Watch the video to learn more:
PS – For every like, share, retweet and favorite, we’ll donate $1 to ALS!
Calling all Philadelphia-based Saxbys fans: We couldn’t be more excited to announce that every Friday in August, we’re giving away 12-oz. Cold Brew Iced Coffee for free at our 11 Philly-area cafés.
Why? We’re teaming up with our awesome friends at Visit Philadelphia to thank our fellow Philadelphians for your support as we plant our flag in this super cool city. (You may have heard we’re opening five more cafés in the Greater Philadelphia region this year, plus we’ll be moving our headquarters to Center City!)
Also, have you had our Cold Brew Iced Coffee? It’s so, so good, and we want to share it with you. And what better way to do that than to give it away for free?
So, here’s how it will work. Starting August 1st, visit your closest Philly-area Saxbys, and you’ll be handed a free 12-oz. cup of delicious, smooth Cold Brew. That’s right: All you have to do is ask!
We can’t wait to see you all five Fridays in August. We’re so sure you’ll love our Cold Brew Iced Coffee—plus, wait until you see our cobranded, Philly-centric cups!
11 of our Philadelphia-area cafés are participating. Here’s the scoop on where they are and when they’ll be open on Fridays:
|Rittenhouse: 2000 Walnut Street, Philadelphia. Open 6AM-9PM||Liberty Place: 1625 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia. Open 6AM-7PM.||Temple: 1900-02 Liacourus Walk, Philadelphia. Open 7:30AM-5PM.|
|UPenn: 4000 Locust Street, Philadelphia. Open 6AM-10PM.||30th Street Station: 2951 Market Street, Philadelphia. Open 5AM-11:15PM||Haddonfield: 104 Kings Highway, East Haddonfield, NJ. Open 6:30AM-9PM.|
|Haverford: 345 Lancaster Ave, Haverford. Open 6:30AM-8PM.||Ardmore: 120 Coulter Avenue, Ardmore. Open 8AM-7PM.||Plymouth Meeting Mall: 500 West Germantown Pike, Plymouth Meeting. Open 9AM-9PM.|
|Exton Square Mall: 260 Exton Square Parkway, Exton. Open 9AM-9PM.||Lansdale: 401 S Broad Street, Lansdale. Open 6AM-9PM.|
See you Friday, Philly!
Ahh, summer. The perfect season for kicking back, relaxing and (if you ask anyone on Team Saxbys) throwing Hawaiian-themed parties.
Our interns, being good sports about our luau theme
This past Friday, we brought the beach to work for our summer Luau for You-au* complete with a whole mess of leis, a blow-up palm tree and a sea of Hawaiian-print shirts. Plus, the Saxbys team brought their A-game with a summery food spread (hold the roast pig). While it was nearly impossible to pick a favorite, a Best Dish contest forced us to narrow down between Polynesian poke with ahi tuna and homemade baklava made with Saxbys espresso. Baklava baker extraordinaire, Mike H., wound up taking home the big prize.
For those of us on the Saxbys team who don’t have Wolfgang Puck’s cooking chops, we held a little Best Dressed contest too—Lauren swept up the competition with her perfectly patterned summer dress and homemade hibiscus accessories.
And of course, no company party is complete without a few fun get-to-know-you games, in which multiple people confessed they’d be 007 in another life, and we all learned that our CEO and founder Nick was once hit by a car while running after an ice cream truck. (Um, ouch!)
Just because we already took down the tiki lights doesn’t mean the fun has to end. Check out the luau-themed playlist we rocked out to below (it’s almost as good as dipping your toes in the ocean).
*Fun fact, “For You” is one of Saxbys’ signatures!
Honestly, we’re happy whenever we’re sipping on our cold brew iced coffee. But we have to say one of our favorite ways to enjoy cold brew is right after a challenging workout. And we want to know — how do you enjoy your cold brew?
So, we decided to have a little Instagram contest — and the lucky winner will get a month’s supply of Saxbys whole bean coffee. Share where or how you like to have cold brew iced coffee with the hashtag #mycoldbrew on Instagram, and you’ll be automatically entered to score the prize. The contest ends on 6/19, so get ‘gramming!
Saxbys #mycoldbrew Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The My Cold Brew Instagram Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Saxbys Coffee, LLC as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of Saxbys Coffee, LLC are not eligible. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Saxbys Coffee, LLC, 401 Parkway Drive, Broomall PA 19008.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this contest indicates full agreement to the Official Rules. Entrants must fully comply to Official Rules to be eligible for the prize.
4. Timing: The contest begins June 5, 2014 and ends June 19, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST. The winner will be notified June 20, 2014 and has 24 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
5. How to Enter: Using the Instagram application on your mobile device, upload one (1) original photo of how and/or when you enjoy your cold brew iced coffee with the hashtag #mycoldbrew in the caption field. Any submission that does not include the hashtag #mycoldbrew will not be considered for entry.
6. Guidelines and Restrictions: By uploading a photo for submission, you agree that your submission must conform to the guidelines and restrictions below to be considered for entry. You may be disqualified from the contest if your entry fails to meet any of the guidelines and restrictions below.
• Your photo must be in a format acceptable for Instagram
• Your photo must be uploaded to Instagram with the hashtag #mycoldbrew
• Your photo must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights
• Your photo must not disparage Saxbys Coffee LLC
• Your photo must not contain images or artwork not created by you
• Your photo must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous
• Your photo must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
• Your photo must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the photo is created
Limit You can upload as many photos you want to Instagram with the hashtag #mycoldbrew, but only one entry will be considered for each user.
7. Grant of License: By entering the contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to Saxbys Coffee, LLC, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the contest and promotion of the contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to: Display at a potential exhibition of winners; publication on saxbyscoffee.com and/or Saxbys social media platforms; or online highlighting entries or winners of the contest. Display or publication of any entry on saxbyscoffee.com or Saxbys social media platforms does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. Saxbys Coffee, LLC will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to Saxbys Coffee, LLC the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest or choose not to do so, at their sole discretion. Saxbys Coffee, LLC will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
8. Winner Determination: Winning entry will be selected at random.
9. Winner Requirements: Potential winner will be notified via Instagram on June 20, 2014. If the potential winner does not respond in 24 hours, a new potential winner will be selected. Potential winner must comply to the Official Rules.
10. Prize: A month’s supply of Saxbys whole bean coffee, aka four bags of Saxbys whole bean coffee. Retail price is $43.96. This prize cannot be redeemed for cash or store credit.
11. Right to cancel and suspend contest. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, Saxbys Coffee, LLC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest. If Saxbys Coffee, LLC elects to cancel or terminate the contest, the company will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs, and will return the fees submitted with each entry.
12. Data privacy. Entrants agree that personal data, especially name and address, may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the contest and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules. The data may also be used by Saxbys Coffee, LLC in order to verify the participant’s identity, postal address, and telephone number or to otherwise verify the participant’s eligibility to participate in the contest. Participants have the right to access, review, rectify, or cancel any personal data held by Saxbys Coffee, LLC by writing to Saxbys Coffee, LLC, 401 Parkway Drive, Broomall PA 19008. Personal data will be used by Saxbys Coffee, LLC exclusively for the purposes stated herein.
Summer is just around the corner, but that’s no reason to waste your days pining away for true shorts-weather. Make the most of this season with this Saxbys Spring Soundtrack—it’s just the thing for your next BBQ, baseball tailgate and long drive with the windows rolled down. Enjoy this mix of our favorite tunes to listen to at Saxbys HQ and what you loved hearing in our cafés this May.
Follow saxbys on Spotify so you’re the first to find out about our latest playlists!
As Saxbys Coffee rapidly expands, CEO Nick Bayer sat down with Philadelphia Daily News columnist Michael Hinkelman to discuss what’s ahead for the brand — including plans to relocate Saxbys headquarters to Philadelphia this summer. “We want to put our flag in Philadelphia,” Bayer declared in the Q&A, which was featured on Philly.com’s homepage. Read the interview in its entirety on Philly.com.
If your iTunes reads more Miley Cyrus Bangerz tour than an all-night study sesh, you’re in luck—we’ve curated the perfect playlist to help you get some work done. A mix of your favorite songs from Saxbys café playlists and music we love to listen to around the office, these tunes are sure to keep you going ’til finals are over (or at least until Buzzfeed churns out another Game of Thrones quiz).
Follow saxbys on Spotify so you’re the first to find out about our latest playlists!